1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hi there nappyrat,
I would say judging by the fact you are getting an access denied error that it is related to the authentication, or possibly something with the certificate for the agent. Double check the passphrase you have set up in the console under Tools > Options > Agents to ensure this is matching what you provide during agent install, or you could possibly try using the windows authentication method just to test if that will work.
Based on the info we have here, I don't have much else for suggestions other than verifying authentication. Possibly a reboot on the client system would help based on the first error. It might be best to open a case with support directly to look deeper into this issue.
I have been having exactley the same issue on multiple clients and finally got it resolved by changing settings in Internet Explorer.
The main one that fixed it for me was deleting all cookies, temp internet files, InPrivate Filtering data etc. I also set all security settings back to default on some other clients.
I did speak to VMWare about this and the 2 things they suggested didn't help me but it might be worth trying them.
1)Check all required ports are not blocked by ACL's or Window firewall
2) Open IE Settings
Click content tab
uncheck Server Authentication, Client Authentication and Code signing.
Hope this helps
Judging by the error we are getting there appears to be a permissions issue happening here. I would really want to verify that the account you are doing the install with is an AD Admin or local account admin.
In the error message it indicates that there is a key it is trying to access, and this maybe the Machine Key. If it is the machine key you should be able to access it in the Crypto directory and see if you can view its contents, look for "_agent_" towards the top.
The location of these keys are here:
There is also one located in the Documents and Settings directory for older systems.
If you are getting access denied on them this maybe the cause.
I would also verify that UAC is not causing a problem here by temporarily disabling it verify that the account you are using is a true Administrator.
Finally if this doesnt work, please supply us the logs and open a support request so we can continue to troubleshoot this.
> Vista, 2008, & Win7: C:ProgramDataShavlik TechnologiesLogs
> Windows XP & 2003: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataShavlik TechnologiesLogs
> Reproduce the error/issue.
> Afterwards please zip and send all the logs.
You can reach us at the 1866-407-5279.