1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2013 5:36 PM by acustomer

Patch not downloading (KB2823324)

acustomer Rookie

Shavlik Protect Standard has identified KB2823324 as missing on some machines.

When I try to download, I get the error "The remote server returned an error: (404 Not Found)"

When I just click deploy, I get the error:

Windows 7 Professional (x64) SP1, Q2823324 MS13-03619/04/2013 9:22:23 AMFailedThe file Windows6.1-KB2823324-v2-x64.msu is missing.

• 1. Re: Patch not downloading (KB2823324)
          SupportEmployee

Hello,

We have actually changed the download URL for this patch within Protect so that you won't be able to download or deploy it. This is because Microsoft has also pulled the patch and recommends that you do not install it or that you remove it from any systems where it has been installed. See the following article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011

If you do attempt to deploy it with other patches it can cause the whole deployment to fail out...due to a bug in Protect that will be fixed in v.9.0.

The workaround is to exclude Q2823324 from the scan (via use of a patch group) or at least from the deployment (by deploying only selected patches).

If you need more information about setting up a patch group for use with a custom scan template please see the following Help documents within Protect:

Help > Contents > Agentless Patch Management Tasks > Patch Groups > Creating and Editing a Patch Group

Help > Contents > Agentless Patch Management Tasks > Patch Scan Templates > Creating a New Patch Scan Template