Windows 7 includes the .NET Framework 3.5.1 as an OS component. This screenshot shows where it is enabled: .Net 3.5.1. I would suggest opening a case with support if you believe .Net 3.5.1 is not enabled.
It would be a good idea to scan this machine and collect logs.
Protect 9.X console logging:
1. Please open the Protect GUI and then go to Tools > Options > Logging and change logging to “All” for both user interface and services.
a. If you are unable to set logging via the GUI see this doc: http://community.shavlik.com/docs/DOC-22938
2. Close the Protect GUI.
3. Stop the following services
a.Shavlik Protect Console Service
b. ST Remote Scheduler Service
4. Delete all the logs from
a. Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs
b. Earlier OS’s: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs
5. Start the console service and open the Protect GUI.
6. Attempt to reproduce the issue. Please document steps to reproduce.
a. Collect the logs from the Logs folder mentioned earlier in step 4 (please zip if possible)
b. [Deployment issues only] On the target system please zip and send a copy of the entire C:\Windows\Propatches folder and its contents (you can leave out the Patches sub-folder).
7. Zip and send all the logs.
Thanks Charles, I did not realise that .NET 3.5.1 comes with OS as a component.
It is enabled in my machine. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome Srikanth.