The purpose of this document is to discuss how to resolve an error when opening the Ivanti Patch for SCCM plugin that states 'In order to use Ivanti Patch for SCCM, Full Write privileges are required on the WMI namespace root/SMS/site_xyz and its sub-namespaces'.
WMI permissions to the namespace is being denied for the logged on user.
Access denied Ivanti Patch 11/23/2018 12:08:58 PM 1 (0x0001)
In order to use Ivanti Patch for SCCM, Full Write privileges are required on the WMI namespace root/SMS/site_xyz and its sub-namespaces. Ivanti Patch 11/23/2018 12:09:16 PM 1 (0x0001)
1. Open a run window (Win+R), and run wmimgmt.msc
2. Right-click on WMI Control (Local), then click on Properties.
3. Once Properties has loaded, click on the Security tab.
4. Expand Root, then expand SMS. Under SMS, the site_xyz folder should be listed. Highlight the site_xyz space.
5. Click Security. In the Security for ROOT\SMS\sote_xyz window, click Add.
6. In window, type in the desired username, hit Check Names to verify the account. Then click OK.
7. Once added, check the box for Full Write under Permissions. This will add the Partial Write and Provider Write permissions as well. Click Apply to save changes.
Ivanti Patch for SCCM 2.4+