The purpose of this document is to discuss the setup and configuration of alerts in Ivanti Patch for SCCM 2.4.
1. In order to best utilize the alerts, you will want to make sure SCCM has email subscriptions configured. Go to Administration > Site Configuration > Sites > Configure Site Components > Email Notification.
2. Configure Email settings according to local SMTP setup.
3. Once email settings are configured, go to Monitoring > Ivanti Patch > Manage Alerts to view available alerts.
There are a total of 3 alerts that can be configured. They are as follows:
- Catalog Update Failure - This alert is to notify you when an error occurs during the downloading or importing of a new catalog.
- Updates Published - This alert is to notify you when updates for products you have chosen to publish in an automated task have been published and are available for deployment.
- Publication Failure - This alert is to notify you when updates you've chosen to publish have failed to publish.
Each alert has the following options to uniquely configure each alert.
- Enabled - This specifies whether the alert is disabled or enabled. If an alert is disabled, the Active check box is not used and no email notifications are sent.
- Active - This setting is to make the alert active or inactive.
- Last triggered on and Last triggered at indicate which SCCM server the alert was triggered by and when the alert was triggered in an MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS UTC time format.
- Severity - This setting is to customize the priority/importance level you wish to place on a given alert.
- Informational - This only indicates that an event has occurred
- Warning - This indicates an event that could potentially interrupt service if unattended.
- Critical - This indicates a configuration problem preventing Ivanti Patch for SCCM from working properly
- Manage subscriptions - This is used to add/remove any email addresses that you want to receive an email notification when an alert is triggered.
- To add an email, type in a valid email address in the email address box, then click add. This will show in the 'Current subscribers to this alert' field.
- To remove an email, highlight an email address, then click 'Remove Subscriber'.
If using Shared settings, any emails configured in Manage subscriptions can be viewed by all other users of the console.
- Example Email Alert
Microsoft TechNet Article on Configuring Alerts - Configuring Alerts in Configuration Manager
Ivanti Patch for SCCM 2.4