The following error is encountered either during installation/removal of an update or other software. The Ivanti Patch for Windows deployment logs, the product's Installation log files, and the Window's Event Viewer logs will show the following error:
Error 1618: Another installation is already in progress
The Windows Installer process can only run one installation at a time. Error 1618 indicates that the Windows Installer Service is currently being utilized for another installation or update.
- Complete the current installation or wait a few minutes for the background installation taking place completes.
- End the Windows Installer process manually:
- Reboot the computer and try installing again.
- If the error returns, attempt to find any applications currently installing and close them.
- If unable to find an application running updates:
- Open Task Manager and navigate to the "Processes" tab.
- Select "Show processes from all users" if it is not already.
- Locate and end any "MSIExec.exe" entries you see.
Perform another scan and deployment.
Ivanti Patch for Windows 9.3
Shavlik Protect 9.2