This documents details how to disable Automatic Updates in Windows 10 build 1709 through a GPO
Steps for single computer:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
3. Expand Computer Configuration.
4. Right-click Administrative Templates, and then click Add/Remove Templates.
5. Click Add, click Wuau.admin the Windows\Inf folder, and then click Open.
6. Click Close.
7. Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Update.
The Configure Automatic Updatespolicy appears. This policy specifies whether the computer receives security updates and other important downloads through the Windows Automatic Updates feature. The settings for this policy let you specify if automatic updates are enabled on the computer. If the service is enabled, you must select one of the three configuration options.
8. To view the policy settings, double-click the Configure Automatic Updatespolicy.
9. To turn on Automatic Updates, click Enabled or to turn off select Disabled
Steps for multiple computers:
1. From the server, click the "Start" button and select "Programs" > "Administrative Tools" > "Active Directory Users and Computers."
2. Right-click the domain name whose settings you want to change and select "Properties." Select the "Group Policy" tab.
3. Highlight the domain policy you wish to modify, which will typically be the default group policy, and then click the "Edit" button.
4. The Group Policy Object Editor will now be open. In the left window, navigate to "Computer Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "Windows Components" > "Windows Update."
5. In the main frame, double-click the option "Configure Automatic Updates."
6. Select "Disabled" to turn off automatic updates.
Policy changes are not applied immediately to the workstations. Active sessions will have their policy refreshed every 90 minutes by default. Inactive machines will have their policy updated when a user logs in or when the computer starts up
Windows 10 Build 1709