The purpose of this document is to discuss how to use Shavlik Protect or Ivanti Patch for Windows to upgrade VMware Tools from 9.X to 10.X.
- Go to New > Patch Group. Name the Patch Group, hit Save.
- In the Patch view, ensure that only Software Distribution is checked under Patch Type.
- In the search box, search VMWT-021 to find the VMware Tools update.
- Right-click the patch, highlight 'Add to Patch Group', then select the new patch group created.
- Verify the patch was added by looking at the Patch group tab in the bottom half of the Patch view. Close the Patch view window once verified.
- Go to New > Patch Scan Template
- Name the template. Then select under 'Baseline or Exceptions' the Baseline radial. Hit Save.
- Scan all necessary machines with the newly created template.
- Once scan is done, results should display the VMware Tools update as a missing patch.
- To deploy the update, right-click > Deploy > All Missing Patches. Select your deployment template of choice and hit 'Deploy'.
Shavlik Protect 9.2.X
Patch for Windows 9.3.X