A crash occurs when updating the Console Alias Editor in Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers prompting the error - An unexpected error has occurred and Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers Activation must close to recover.
The following error is found in the ST.Protect.managed.user.log:
System.InvalidOperationException: Crash from UI thread ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Crash from UI thread ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Crash from UI thread --->
System.Security.AccessControl.PrivilegeNotHeldException: The process does not possess the 'SeSecurityPrivilege' privilege which is required for this operation.
The logged on user does not have the required rights to update application files.
- Open the Local Security Policy on the server and navigate to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Assign your logged in account (eg [domain]/[username]) the following rights:
- Back up files and directories
- Debug Programs
- Manage auditing and Security log
- Restore files and directories
- Take ownership of files or other objects
Ivanti Patch for Windows Server 9.3.x