This document will discuss the different methods of snapshot maintenance in Ivanti Patch for Windows Server 9.3. Snapshot Maintenance applies only if you have virtual machines in your network that are hosted on one or more VM servers.
Scheduled Snapshot Maintenance through the Console Task Scheduler
1. Go to Tools > Options > Snapshot Maintenance.
2. When you click Add or Edit, the Scheduled Snapshot Maintenance dialog is displayed. This dialog is used to configure the snapshot maintenance task.
Snapshot Maintenance through your deployment template
1. Go to your deployment template and navigate to the Hosted VMs/Templates tab.
2. Select the amount of days that you would like to keep snapshots or the maximum amount of snapshots that Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers will keep and save your deployment template.
3. Use this deployment template in your next deployment to your hosted virtual machines.
For instance, if you have specified that snapshots should be deleted after two days, each deployment, Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers will check to determine if any snapshots are two or more days old.
You can automate this process using How To: Setup Automatic Removal of Vmware Snapshots in Protect .
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3