To help identify what is blocking the upgrade of Windows 10 when deploying with Shavlik Protect 9.2.x or Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers (PWS) 9.3+
When you attempt to deploy a Windows 10 build upgrade using Protect/PWS, the deployment fails with error 2147483647
This may indicate something is preventing the installation of the upgrade, such as incompatible software or an application blocking the process from proceeding
1. Try executing the upgrade manually so that you can receive interactive prompts from the installer to identify what might be causing the issue. The example below shows the installer failing because of certain installed software being out of date, but because our process runs installers silently as the local System account, you would not see what was stopping the installation.
2. In an elevated command prompt, run the command:
You should see a list like this:
This identifies possible filters that could be blocking the ISO from mounting properly (possibly antivirus, encryption software, etc.), and you will need to temporarily disable anything that is interfering to deploy the upgrade through Protect/PWS
1) Load the ISO
2) Open an admin command prompt
3) Navigate to the Drive the ISO created
4) Run the command "SETUP.EXE /Auto Upgrade /NoReboot /DynamicUpdate Disable /Compat ScanOnly"
Then echo %errorlevel%
Doing this will create an output that you can use to determine the cause of the failure without having to actually deploy the product manually.
See this doc for more info about deploying Windows 10 Build Upgrades with Protect/PWS:
Shavlik Protect 9.2.x
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3+