The purpose of this document is to show how to scan for and report on specific patches using Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers.
Scan for desired Patch(s)
- Go to View > Patches
- Search for the patch that you want to scan for in the Search field. If you are unable to find your desired patch, check your filters as is mentoined here How To: View All Patches, Software Distributions, Security Tools and Service Packs
3. Right click > Add to Patch Group > New Patch Group then name your group.
4. You should now be able to see your new patch group with the selected patch(s) in the bottom pane of View > Patches. You can add multiple patches to a group using this same method.
5. Close View > Patches and select New > Patch Scan Template... from the Home screen of Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers. Then name your template.
6. Select Baseline in the lower right filter settings and set your patch group as a baseline for the template then save the template.
7. Scan for the desired patch(s) using your new scan template.
8. Review the scan results to determine whether or not your desired patch(s) are installed.
Report on desired Patch(s)
- Go to Tools > Create Report > select Machines by Patch > select Use Advanced Filter and click Select Advanced Filters...
2. Expand the Patches filter then filter by either QNumber or Bulletin IDs and find your patch's Qnumber or Bulletin ID then hit Generate report.
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3