Support for Office 365 has been added to Shavlik Protect 9.2 and Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3.x
By default, Click-to-Run for Office 365 installations are automatically updated, but most administrators change the update source to control which updated builds are deployed and when they are deployed. Now administrators can scan for and initiate these updates from Shavlik Protect 9.2 and Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3.x
Office 365 patching: The Office 365 patching process is different than other Microsoft patches. Office 365 updates are installed by initiating the Microsoft Office 365 Click-to-Run update process which prompts the target machine to download the patch and install itself.
Where the Office 365 updates are downloaded from: Updates are download from default source Microsoft Content Delivery Network (CDN) which requires a connection to the internet on the target machine. Administrators who do not want their clients downloading from the internet can set their own download source.
- More information on setting a custom download source: Office Deployment Tool
Offline Virtual Machines: Due to the nature of this update, we do not support Office 365 patching on hosted offline virtual machines (VM).
Regarding Current Channel updates: Most companies won't be using this channel in production due the higher update frequency. These updates interfere with line-of-business applications, add-ins and macros so time to test the updates is required any time there is an updated version of Office 365 ProPlus. Here is what is supported for customers who do use the Current Channel:
- Build 6868.2060 and higher are supported. (Released on May 4th, 2016)
- Build 6769.2040 and lower are not supported. (Released April 28th, 2016)
Regarding Deferred Channel updates: This is more common channel customers will be using. Updates for this channel are less frequent to allow time for testing.
- We support all versions of the deferred channel.
- Overview of Office 365 Channels: Overview of update channels for Office 365 ProPlus
- Build list numbers: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt592918.aspx
- GPO administrative templates for Office: Download Office 2016 Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool from Official Microsoft Dow…
Shavlik Protect 9.2
Protect SDK 9.2
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3.x