This document shows how to obtain logs, setting files, content, policies and other very helpful information for Empower Mac agents.
1. Open a terminal window on your Mac machine by going to Applications > Utilities on your system.
2. Navigate to /Users/Shared/Shavlik/Empower/bin by running the following command:
2. Set your logging level to verbose using one of the two following methods:
a. Run this command (requires sudo permissions, so it may prompt for your password):
sudo ./com.shavlik.empower.agent -setLoggingLevel 31
b. Edit /Users/Shared/Shavlik/Empower/data/empower.settings.plist.
- Find <key>ddLogLevel</key>, then see the "integer" tags (<integer> and </integer>) in the line below that.
- Change the value in between those tags to 31. The line should look like this (as shown in the screenshot below):
3. Run the following command to collect the information (requires sudo permissions, so it may prompt for your password):
sudo ./com.shavlik.empower.agent -gatherDebugInfo
4. The data will be collected in /Users/Shared/Shavlik/Empower/debuginfo. Zip up this directory and if applicable, send the information to our support team or attach to the case directly.
Shavlik Empower Mac Agents