This document shows how to perform the upgrade of the Shavlik Patch 2.2 add-on for Microsoft System Center to version 2.3.
This is for installing a newer version of the add-on when you already have Shavlik Patch 2.2 add-on for Microsoft System Center installed.
Steps for Upgrade
1. Close the SCCM console and Download the latest version of Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center, which can be found at http://www.shavlik.com/support/patch/downloads/
2. Save the installation file to disk
3. Run the downloaded file.
4. A previous version message will appear. Click “Yes” to upgrade.
5. You will see the prerequisites window check if they are installed. If anything is missing, please click Install.
6. You will see the installation progress. When it is complete the machine will prompt for a reboot. Choose “Yes” and the upgrade will continue after reboot.
7. After reboot you will get the End User License Agreement. Check the box 'I accept the terms in the license agreement'. Then click 'Install'.
8. The installation will run, and you should reach the completion screen. Click 'Finish'.
9. Open SCCM and go to Software Library and select Software Updates, then Select Shavlik Patch.
10. You will receive the notice about the license key being required. Click “OK."
The license key would have been provided via email prior to the release of the new version if you do not have the key please contact support.
- Create a web casehttps://support.shavlik.com/CaseLogging.aspx.
- Call Support to open a case 1-866-407-5279.
11. In Shavlik Patch Click the settings button in the upper menu.
12. The settings window will open.
13. Click the “License” tab on the left.
14. Click the “Enter / refresh license key” button.
15. Select your Activation mode.
16. Enter the activation key and select the appropriate Activation method
17. Click the “Activate” button.
18. You will notice the Successful activation at the bottom of the window. Click the “Close” button.
19. You will notice that in the settings License window you now have detailed key information. Click the “OK” button.
20. The Shavlik Patch add-on for Microsoft System Center is now updated.
Shavlik Patch 2.2