Since version 9.2 has changed a number of UI designs, some customers are unable to find the "OS" filter they used to have in Patch scan template. This article provides a guide to create a custom scan template to scan only for Windows Operating Systems patches.
1. On Shavlik UI, select "New" and create a "Patch Scan Template".
2. Under "Filtering" tab, find "Vendors, Families, and Products - Applies to Agents" look at the list under "Scan for these".
3. Find "Microsoft", expand and find "Windows", you will see a list of OS versions to select from.
Many patches apply to more than one OS (including Monthly Rollups, Security Only Bundles, etc.), so if you are filtering to select server patches, it's a good idea to include the corresponding desktop OS as well:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 <> Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 <> Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012 R2 <> Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 <> Windows 10
4. Depending on what type of patches you would like to scan for, you will select the corresponding options for Security, Non-Security and Security Tool Updates.
5. Save template.
6. Once saved you can start a scan and use the custom template you just created for OS scanning only.
How To: Scan for Only Microsoft Windows Operating System Patches (Applies to version lower than 9.2)
Shavlik Protect 9.2
Ivanti Patch for Windows Server 9.3.x