Since version 9.2 has changed a number of UI designs, some customers are unable to find the "OS" filter they used to have in Patch scan template. This article provides a guide to create a custom scan template to scan only for Windows Operating Systems patches.
1. On Shavlik UI, select "New" and create a "Patch Scan Template".
2. Under "Filtering" tab, find "Vendors, Families, and Products - Applies to Agents" look at the list under "Scan for these".
3. Find "Microsoft", expand and find "Windows", you will see a list of OS versions to select from.
4. Depending on what type of patches you would like to scan for, you will select the corresponding options for Security, Non-Security and Security Tool Updates.
5. Save template.
6. Once saved you can start a scan and use the custom template you just created for OS scanning only.
How To: Scan for Only Microsoft Windows Operating System Patches (Applies to version lower than 9.2)
Shavlik Protect 9.2
Patch for Windows Server 9.3.x