This document has been created to address an issue with Shavlik Protect being unable to install due to SQL / .Net Framework failing to install.
While attempting to enable the prerequisite .Net Framework 3.5 Feature for SQL Server, you receive an error message stating the source files could not be found.
In certain situations the Operating System is unable to find the required files needed to install the .Net Framework 3.5 feature.
A possible workaround would be to install .Net Framework from a mounted OS ISO. and install the .Net Framework feature from the command line.
1. Depending on the operating system, you can mount the OS ISO by right clicking on the .iso and choose 'Mount'.
2. Verify that the ISO is mounted as a disk and notate the drive letter associated to it.
3. Open CMD prompt as an administrator and execute the following command to enable the feature and press enter. Please note that while the following command specifies the E: as the source your drive may display differently. Make sure to specify the drive notated in Step 2.
- dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /all /Source:E:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
4. The progress of the install will be displayed in the CMD prompt. Attempt another install once it is complete.
Shavlik Protect 9.x