Note: Shavlik does not endorse nor support any 3rd party software. Users assume all liability when working with 3rd party software.
Note: These are the basic steps to begin an unfiltered network capture. Additional instructions may be provided by Support for filtering network traffic. If no additional filters are requested, gather unfiltered traffic.
- Download & install Wireshark on any machines that are being troubleshot.
- Open Wireshark
- Run "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\Wireshark.exe"
- Or Launch from the 'fin' icon on the desktop.
- Within the Wireshark interface click Capture | Interfaces...
- In Wireshark: Capture Interfaces select the desired interface and click Start.
- The Capture window will open. This indicates that Wireshark is logging network traffic.
- Perform the task requested by Support.
- Example: If deploying agents is not successful and a network capture is requested, once Wireshark is capturing, attempt to deploy the agent.
- Once the requested task has been performed, stop the Wireshark Capture by clicking Capture | Stop
- Save the capture by clicking File | Save As
- Enter a File Name and leave the Save as type as Wireshark/..-pcapng (.pcapng;*.pcapng.gz;*.ntar;*.ntar.gz), then click Save.
- Locate the saved .pcapng, and send the file to support.