Shavlik Protect Anti-Virus Add-On End Of Life Q&A

Version 6

Purpose

The purpose of this document is to outline what steps need to be taken for customers of Shavlik Protect Anti-Virus Add-On.

Information

When will the Shavlik Protect Anti-Virus Add-On no longer be supported?

The Shavlik Protect Anti-Virus Add-On will end support on January 17, 2017.

What will happen on that date?

On January 17, 2017, Shavlik will release an update that will disable the feature across our systems and at that point it will no longer be a feature in our product that is active.

What will I need to do when the Anti-Virus Add-On is no longer supported?

The Shavlik Protect Agent will simply unload the Anti-Virus feature and continue functioning as is. Nothing needs to be done to disable the add-on.

What if my license ends before January 17, 2017?

You will need to have a new Anti-Virus solution ready to go and on the renewal date have that new solution in place.  Our agent will not require any action on your part.  It will unload the Anti-Virus add-on and keep running as is.

What if my license ends after January 17, 2017?

You will need to have a new Anti-Virus solution ready to go before January 17, 2017. Our agent will not require any action on your part. It will unload the Anti-Virus add-on and keep running as is. In this case you will also be contacted regarding your license. We are finalizing details on this currently, but you will be compensated for the portion of your license for the Anti-Virus add-on that goes beyond January 17, 2017.

I am interested in Anti-Virus from Threat Track Security, what should I do?

Please contact your renewal representative or re-seller. We have details on an offer from Threat Track Security to license their product directly.

Click here to see who your renewal representative or re-seller is. It will ask you to log in and then display the information.

https://support.shavlik.com/SupportEntitlement.aspx

For any other questions about your license or renewal, please contact your renewal representative or re-seller and we will be happy to assist in answering any questions you may have.

Affected Product(s)

Shavlik Protect 9.x