This document will outline the process of upgrading an offline console to Protect 9.2 when using a distribution server or custom share as your definition download source.
After upgrading to Protect 9.2, the console fails to launch because it is missing core files.
The core files on your distribution server have not been updated since upgrading to Protect 9.2.
- On your internet facing Protect 9.2 Console, go to Help > Refresh Files.
- After it is done importing patch definitions, go to Tools > Operations and click the Distribution Servers tab.
- Under Scheduled Automatic Synchronization, select the Core engines/definitions task and click Run Now (You can view the status of this sync by going to View > Event View and expanding the Distribution Server Event).
- Once the synchronization is complete, go to the offline console and launch the console, it will prompt you to recover core files, click recover core files.
If you do not use a distribution server and manually move the files, you will need to move the files from your internet facing console. The core files are located here: C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles. You will need to copy and move all files EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Do not copy subfolders (Custom, Installs, MachineState, WindowsPatchData_deltas, etc)
- Do not copy the stLicdata.dat (This is your license file, do not move or remove this file!)
Once, you have moved those files, open the offline console and launch the console, it will prompt you to recover core files, click recover core files.
Shavlik Protect 9.2