This document will provide instructions on how to filter specific patches using a text file, as well as additional information about this feature.
- The link to file is used in replacement to patch groups.
- Linking to a file gives you the ability to add patches using the Q number, which can make creating filters a lot simpler than having to search for the patches in View > Patches or in the patch groups. Each Q number must be on it's own line.
- You can use a UNC file path for the file, so it can be stored anywhere on the network.
- Another benefit to use a file to filter patches is that once the file is updated and saved those changes are reflected in the scan results.
- You can easily add new Q numbers from anyway the text file can be accessed.
- Create a text file to reference, either outside of Protect or within a Patch Scan Template by clicking the New button in the "Patch filter settings".
- Add the desired Q numbers, making sure each one is on it's own line.
- If created outside of Protect select an existing scan template or create a new one for use.
- Select whether you want to scan selected or skip selected.
- From there, link the file in the Patch Scan Template in the "Patch filter settings" section.
- Save the template.
- Scan and verify results.
Shavlik Protect 9.x