The purpose of this document is to give instructions on how to scan more than one machine group in the same scan.
There are two ways you can initiate a scan on multiple machine groups.
The first way is using the home screen
1. Click the home button on the top left-hand side of Protect to get to the home screen.
2. You will see the following "Operations" screen.
3. Check all machine groups you would like to scan, choose your settings and click "Scan Now" or "Schedule".
The second way is using Nested Groups
1. Open any Machine Group.
2. Navigate to the Nested Group tab and select the desired groups to scan, then click "Add".
3. Click "Run Operation", choose your settings, then click "Scan Now" or "Schedule".
- Using the "Nested Group" tab will use the credentials that are set in the original machine group, so there is no need to set credentials.
- Scanning machines within a nested group will maintain their original groups under View > Machines.
Shavlik Protect 9.x