This document will go over how to exclude machines in a machine group through the Link to File feature.
1. Create a text file with the list of machines you want to exclude.
However the machines are added into the Machine Group (IP address, machine name, FQDN) is how you will need to list the machines to exclude in the text file.
2. In your Shavlik Protect Console, click on "New" and then Machine Group.
3. Pick the tab that you will be adding the machines into the machine group. (This example is using IP Address/Range. Since the text file has multiple IPs, the range exclusion will be used.)
Link to file exclusion is only available for Machine Name or IP Address/Range tabs.
4. Check the box next to "Exclude" and then click on the "Link to file" button. (This example is using IP Address/Range. Since the text file has multiple IPs, the "Link to file (ranges) exclusion will be used.)
5. Navigate to the text file you created in Step 1 and add the file.
6. Confirm that your text file location shows in the box below and has "Exclude" in the column under "When Scanning".
- You cannot add the "Link to file" and then right-click on the area below to "Exclude".
- For more ways to exclude machines in a machine group, consult the following article: How To Exclude Machines During A Scan
Shavlik Protect All