How to Initiate an Asset Scan From a Machine Group.
- In the Machine Groups pane select the desired machine group.
- Within the machine group dialog click Run Operation
- On the Run Operation dialog select when you want the scan to run and which asset scan template you want to use.
- On the Run Operation dialog click either Scan Now or Schedule.
- Scan now: This is the button name if Now is your selected scheduling option. A scan of all machines in the machine group will begin immediately. The Operations Monitor is used to track the progress of the asset scan..
- Schedule: This is the button name if Once or Recurring is your scheduling option. See Monitoring a Scheduled Asset Scan for details.
You can review the results of the asset scan using:
Other methods to initiate a Asset scan can be found in the Shavlik Help under:
- 9.1 - http://help.shavlik.com/Protect/onlinehelp/91/ENU/EN/How_to_Initiate_an_Asset_Scan.htm
- 9.2 - http://help.shavlik.com/Protect/onlinehelp/92/ENU/EN/How_to_Initiate_an_Asset_Scan.htm