The attached batch file will provide an easy method to obtain all registry exports that may be needed when working with support on a detection related issue for Shavlik Protect.
1) Download the attached Get_Registry_Exports.zip.
2) Extract the Get_Registry_Exports.bat to the desktop of the system where you wish to obtain files for support.
3) Double click the Get_Registry_Exports.bat, or right click the Get_Registry_Exports.bat and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
If you do not run as administrator the batch file may not be able to obtain all information.
Be aware that this will attempt to place a folder on the desktop for whichever user runs the batch file.
4) Allow the .bat to run through everything. When the operation is complete you will see the text of commandline turn green and the following text displayed:
Please zip the Registry Exports folder on your desktop and send to support
Press any key to continue...
If you do not see this you need to either run as administrator or wait until the operations are complete.
5) A folder titled 'Registry Exports' will be created on the desktop, containing all the files collected by the .bat.
6) Please create a compressed file (zip) of this folder. It is suggested to use 7zip for compression. 7zip will compress to a smaller file size than the built in Windows compression, and it allows for creation of an encrypted 7z or zip file. You can download 7zip here: http://7-zip.org/download.html
7) Send the 7z or zip file of the Registry Exports folder to support.
8) The folder 'Registry Exports' can be deleted after this.
This is often used in conjunction with obtaining a DPD Trace and only necessary if requested by Support.
Disclaimer: This file [Get_Registry_Exports.bat] is intended only to obtain information for support purposes. It is not an officially supported tool and has not gone through QA/Testing.
The user assumes any risks of running the attached file(s).
If you are unable to use our batch file, you can collect the following keys we need manually:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages