This document shows how to perform the upgrade of the Shavlik Patch add-on for Microsoft System Center.
This is for installing a newer version of the add-on when you already have it installed.
Steps for Upgrade
- Download the latest version, which can be found at http://www.shavlik.com/support/patch/downloads/
- Close the SCCM console.
- Run the installer, preferably with the 'Run as administrator' option.
- You will be prompted with a message that a previous version has been detected. Would you like to upgrade? Click 'Yes'.
- End User License Agreement. Check the box 'I accept the terms in the license agreement'. Then click 'Install'.
- The installation will run, and you should reach the completion screen. Click 'Finish'.
- To verify the upgrade completed successfully:
- Open SCCM, go to Software Library > Software Updates. Right click on Shavlik Patch, then choose Settings.
- Go to the 'About' tab. Verify that the 'Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center version' number is correct.
If you received an email from Shavlik marketing to advise you of an upgrade, you may notice the download link provided as being hosted on mkto-i0073.com. Be aware that this is still from Shavlik. The link is just being hosted by Marketo, which is the marketing platform that Shavlik currently uses. If you prefer, you can always download the latest update from the Shavlik Download Page.
You may also want to refer to the latest User Guide.
The Shavlik Patch plugin version 2.0.x can be upgraded to 2.1.x.
No reboot should be required.
Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center