The purpose of this document is to provide the process for shrinking a database transaction log file.
In order to shrink the Shavlik Protect database log file, please ensure SQL Server Management Studio is installed. You can download and install the latest version from here.
There are instances where the SQL server database transaction log file can grow exponentially causing the SQL Server's hard drive to become low on space.
We recommend performing database maintenance using the Database Maintenance Operations built into to Protect.
1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Connect to the appropriate SQL Server Instance and login with the appropriate credentials. This is [hostname]\SQLEXPRESS by default and uses Windows Authentication.
3. Expand the ‘Databases’ portion on the left hand side of the screen.
4. Right click on the appropriate database name. Select ‘Properties'.
5.Within the new window navigate to 'Options' and change the 'Recovery Model' to 'Simple' and click 'OK'.
6. Right click on the ‘Protect’ or 'ShavlikScans' database, navigate to Tasks>Shrink>Files
7. In the new window within the 'File type:' dropdown box select 'Log' and click 'OK'.
8. Once the 'Shrink File' window disappears the process is complete and your log file should be a fraction of the size it was when this operation began.
Shavlik Protect 9.2
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3