This document includes instructions on how to increase the deployment timeout for offline hosted virtual machines. Performing the steps in this document will be required when a deployment to an offline hosted virtual machine requires more than 120 minutes to complete. The typical cause would include a deployment of a large number of patches to a single machine.
A subsequent scan of the target offline hosted virtual machine will show fewer patches missing indicating some of the patches installed within that 120 time-frame.
Manually increase the deployment timeout by editing the STEnvironment.config.
1. Close Protect.
2. Stop the Shavlik Protect Console Service.
3. Navigate to the Protect installation folder. (C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect by default)
4. Make a backup STEnvironment.config.
5. Edit the STEnvironment.config.
6. Add the following text AFTER: threatDataDirectory="C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\ThreatData"
This is what it will look like after your change:
7. Close and save the STEnvironment.config file.
8. Start the Shavlik Protect Console Service.
9. Launch Shavlik Protect and test.
Shavlik Protect 9.x