Installing Protect fails with error:
Your system does not meet the minimum supported operating system and service pack level. The minimum requirements are:
- Windows XP x86 SP3
- Windows XP x64 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows Server Core installations are not supported.
If you are running Windows Server 2012 or later make sure that Server Graphical Shell (Server-Gui-Shell) feature is enabled.
- The operating system being installed on is unsupported.
- The file is set to run under compatibility mode for an unsupported OS.
Disable 'Compatibility Mode'
Right click the File, and choose Properties.
In the files properties, click the Compatibility tab.
Un-select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
Verify that the computer meets the minimum Operating System Requirements.
Shavlik Protect supports 64-bit versions of the listed operating systems. 32-bit
versions are not supported for the console.
• Windows Server 2012 Family R2, excluding Server Core
• Windows Server 2012 Family, excluding Server Core
• Windows Server 2008 Family R2 SP1 or later, excluding Server Core
• Windows 8.1 or later, excluding Windows RT
• Windows 7 SP1 or later, Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition
Shavlik Protect supports 32- and 64-bit versions of the listed operating systems for
both console and target systems.
• Windows XP Professional SP3 or later (SP2 or later if using 64-bit version)
• Windows Server 2003 Family SP2 or later
• Windows Vista SP2 or later, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate Edition
This can be verified several ways:
Method 1 - Computer Properties
In Properties, view the Windows Edition and Service Pack level..
Method 2 - WinVer
Operating System Version
Method 3 - Registry
The CurrentVersion value will indicate the OS version.
The EditionID will indicate the edition of windows in use.
Shavlik Protect All