This document is meant to help find if an update was previously published as Metadata Only rather than the correct method of Full Content.
Is there a way to tell if an update was published as Metadata Only via SCUP?
Yes it is possible to see if an update was published as Metadata Only.
Note: Shavlik only supports publishing updates as Full Content. If you have accidentally published an udpate as Metadata Only you can attempt to re-publish, however, additional steps may be required.
- Go into the Configuration Manager Console.
- View the Update Lists (SCCM 2007) or All Software Updates (SCCM 2012)
- Highlight the update you want to check
- In the information displayed for the update there is a ‘Metadata Only’ column to display if the update was published as Metadata Only.
- Note: You may need to add the column into the view - this can usually be done via a rightclick menu.
Screenshots for reference:
See this Technet Discussion for some additional detail about updates published as metadata only.
Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center