- When trying to download a file from a Distribution Server over HTTP, an error occurs: Error 0x194 downloading ...
- Example: Error 0x194 downloading https://DistributionServer/Windows6.1-KB2913431-x64.msuto C:\Windows\Temp\426cd8fc50884ace9acf44b24b48b34d\Windows6.1-KB2913431-x64.msu
- When manually trying to download the file from the listed url an error is shown:
HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.
This issue is caused by IIS not allowing the extension for the file listed.
Example: Error 0x194downloading https://DistributionServer/Windows6.1-KB2913431-x64.msu, the .msuextension is not allowed in the current IIS configuration.
Add the MIME type for the extension that is currently not being allowed in IIS.
Note: These steps are for reference only. Questions regarding environmental impact due to implementation should be discussed with Microsoft.
To add a MIME type
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage. For information about opening IIS Manager, see Open IIS Manager (IIS 7). For information about navigating to locations in the UI, see Navigation in IIS Manager (IIS 7).
- In Features View, double-click MIME Types.
- In the Actions pane, click Add.
- In the Add MIME Type dialog box, type a file name extension in the File name extensiontext box. For example, type .xyz.
- Type a MIME type in the MIME type text box. For example, type application/octet-stream.
- Click OK.
Related information on Topic from Microsoft:
Shavlik Protect 9.x