You must use an account that is a member of the WSUS Administrators group. This document is meant to show how to verify your SCCM user is added to the WSUS Administrators group on the WSUS server.
The WSUS Administrators group is a local group on the WSUS server. The steps below show how to ensure your user account is added to this group. You will need local administrative priveleges on the WSUS server to make these changes.
On the WSUS server:
1. Open Computer Management > Local Users and Groups.
2. Click on Groups.
3. Right click on the WSUS Administrators group.
4. Click Properties.
5. Within the WSUS Administrators Properties, click Add.
6. This brings up the 'Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups' window.
7. Set the user account that will need to be added, and click OK.
8. Verify you now see your account as a member of the WSUS Administrators group. Click OK.
- Full requirements can be found in the Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center Guide.
- Make sure 'All Instances Of The Objects That Are Related To The Assigned Security Roles' is checked in user properties.
Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center