The purpose of this document is to provide the necessary steps to schedule automatic definition downloads.
1. From within the Console select the Tools menu followed by the Operations option.
2. Within the Operations window, navigate to the Schedule Automatic Downloads option. You may select to schedule automatic downloads for Core engines/definitions and/or Threat engines/definitions. Once you have selected the definitions you wish to update click the 'Add' button.
Note: You may setup both Core engines/definitions and Threat engines/definitions, however they must be done in two separate actions.
3. The scheduler window will now allow you to select the download days and times. When finished. Click 'Save'.
Note: Shavlik releases new XML data every Tuesday and Thursdays.
4. The scheduled download will now appear within the Schedule Automatic Downloads portion of the Operations menu.
5. This process is now complete. You may alter the days and times by highlighting the scheduled task and selecting the 'Edit' button.
Shavlik Protect 9.x