The purpose of this document is how to create a patch group to and to exclude those patches from your scans. This is sometimes necessary when scanning for patches but you do not want specific patches to be installed.
- To scan or exclude specific patches, begin by assigning the desired patches to a Patch Group. In Protect, open Patch View.
- Locate the specific patch by searching or filtering.
- Right click the patch, choose Add to Patch Group, then choose New Patch Group.
- In the Patch Group window, enter a Name and Description to identify what the Patch Group will be used for, then click Save.
- Next create a new Patch Scan Template.
- In the Patch Scan Template window, enter a Name and Description to identify the scan template. Under Patch type filter settings select Scan All. Under Patch filter settings select Skip Selected, then click the Patch group(s) browse button
- In the Select Patch Groups window, add a checkmark to the Patch Group(s) that contain the specific patch to be scanned for, then click Select
- The selected Patch Group should now show as selected in the Patch Group(s) list. Click Save.
- Scan using the Scan Template created. Results will only show those patches included in the Patch Group.
Shavlik Protect 9.x