Manually installing an Agent with STPlatformUpdater.exe gives an error when clicking Get policy list.
The body of the received message contained a fault.
The fault reason was: 'The message with Action 'http://schemas.shavlik.com/Services/Agent/IRegistration/GetPolicyList' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver. Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).'.
This occurs when using a STPlaftformUpdater.exe that is older than the current Console that you are connecting to.
- Identify the current version of the Protect Console under Help > About.
- Get the new STPlatformUpdater.exe file for the Current Console.
- Version 9
- Vista & Later: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles
- Earlier OS’s: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles
- Version 9
- Verify the STPlatformUpdater.exe version.
- Right click the file, choose properties.
- Select the Details tab.
Resolution Identifying an old STPlatformUpdater.exe
An outdated STPlatformUpdater.exe can be identified by right clicking the file, choosing properties, then choosing the Details Tab.
The STPlatformUpdater.exe gui has changed as well. The window title no longer reads VMware vCenter Protect Agent Registration