If you are using Protect Cloud synchronization, you have the ability to install a Shavlik Protect Agent from the cloud. This is particularly helpful if you have target machines that are away from the corporate network and unable to contact the console.
There are two basics steps to a cloud-based installation:
- You (the adminstrator) must log on to the Protect Cloud service, create an agent key, and then email the key to the users of each target machine.
- The user on each target machine will follow the email instructions to install and register the agent.
If you want to learn more about this feature, please refer tour Quick Start Guide about Agents, to the Best Practises guide or to the e-learning videos on our website.
Protect Cloud Prerequisites
- Must be running Shavlik Protect Standard or Shavlik Protect Advanced.
- Must have a Protect Cloud account (How to register the Console Protect Cloud Registration).
- Shavlik Protect console should be registered.
- Applies only to agents that are configured to use Protect Cloud synchronization.
- The console must have a reliable Internet connection.
- Outgoing TCP ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) must be available when communicating with Protect Cloud.
- The URL protectservices.shavlik.com must be accessible when communicating with Protect Cloud.
Shavlik Protect 9.x