Scanning fails, and you recieve the message Error 621: OS of target is an unsupported version of Windows.
The target system is not a supported version of Windows. The specified system may be a non-Microsoft platform running SMB services or otherwise emulating a Microsoft product.
You will need to ensure that you are scanning a supported version of Microsoft Windows operating system.
1. Review the requirements for Protect, here: http://www.shavlik.com/products/protect/requirements/
2. Verify that Windows is activated. If Windows is not activated it's possible to recieve a 621 error.
3. Ensure that you are not running a beta, release candidate, or preview version of Windows.
4. Did you recently apply an operating system service pack or apply patches? Make sure to reboot the system if any major changes have recently taken place.
5. You can check the below listed registry key on the target system to verify the version and service pack level of Windows. If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own and believe the system is a supported version of Windows, it may prove helpful to support to provide an export of this key as well.
See if st.protect.exe is running in xpsp3 compatibility mode. That is stored by each user profile. Right click on the exe and check the properties (compatibility tab). You may need to remove/disable compatibility mode.
vCenter Protect 8.x