This article will assist in the event that you are unable to access the properties while attempting the database shrink process on your ShavlikScans or Protect database and receive the following error message in SQL Server Management Studio: Property Owner is not available for Database [Database_Name]. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient rights.
This behavior can be caused in a scenario where the database owner’s Windows Account is no longer active and as a result the database owner table is marked as “unknown”.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the appropriate SQL Server Instance and login with the appropriate credentials.
Note: This process requires SQL authentication be in place. For information on creating an SQL authenticated account please see the link below:
- Select the Protect or ShavlikScans (the database name may vary) database from the dropdown box in the top left hand corner of the program.
- Select the 'New Query' button.
- Input the following query:
alter authentication on database::'Database_name' to 'sql_account'
Note: Replace 'Database_name' with the Protect database name. Replace 'sql_account' with your SQL username.
- Click the 'Execute' button. Alternately you may also push the 'F5' key on your keyboard.