This document contains information regarding Shavlik Protect's log files including there intended use. For more information about how to obtain the log files please see this document: How To: Collect Shavlik Protect - Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers console, patch deployment and agent logs.
- ST.FileVersions.log - Obtained from Help > About > Export Info. Contains versions of all components, etc.
- ST.Activation.managed.<user>.log - created by the licensing screen when activation the product is performed
- ST.Activation.native.<user>.log - logging of native code executed by the activation screen
- ST.Protect.managed.<user>.log - activities in the UI (the bulk of activity)
- ST.ServiceHost.managed.log - console service managed log (console service related activity, incoming Agent Data)
- ST.ServiceHost.native.log - console service native log (console service related activity)
- ST.Protect.Native.<user>.log - native logging of the UI (mainly deployments, scheduling, licensing, and disk mounting)
- hf.<user>.log - for scanning events (scan now)
- schf.<user>.log - for scheduled scan events
- Rehf.log - rescan events
- ST.TaskScheduler.managed.<user>.log - Shavlik scheduler tracing
- ST.DatabaseConfiguration.log - tracing from running the database setup tool or database installation
- Application Display Errors.log - errors that pop up in the UI are written here
- DeployStatus.<user>.log - basic information about recent patches deployed
- ProtectSetup_xxx.log - [Found in %temp% directory] Logging of prerequisite checks during installation
- ProtectInstall_xxx.log - [Found in %temp% directory] Shavlik Protect installation log file
Client Side Logs (agentless)
These logs are all found on client systems under C:\Windows\Propatches and subdirectories.
- CL5.log - Operations of CL5.exe, used for handling deployment/patch installation process
- deplyevts.log - Logs basic operations of deployment tracker events that take place
- safereboot.log - Operations of safereboot.exe, used for handling run of certain commands during deployment process
- Scheduler.log - Logs operations of the Shavlik scheduler (ST Remote Scheduler Service and STSchedEx.exe)
- St.Distributionservers.log - Logs when a distribution server is used as the source for a patch during a deployment.
These logs will only be found on a system where a Shavlik Protect Agent is installed.
- STPlatformInstall_xxx.log - [Found in %temp% directory] core agent installation log
- AGENTASSET_install.log - Asset scanning engine installation log
- AGENTPATCH_install.log - Patch engine installation log
- AGENTTHREAT_install.log - Threat engine installation log
- RegistrationLog.txt - Displays information concerning agent registration with Protect console.
- STAgent.log - Main agent logging information, overview of all operations
- STAgentManagement.log - Agent managed log (Shavlik Protect Agent service related activity)
- STAgentUI.log - Agent UI related activity
- STAgentUpdater.log - Logging of all update functions, additional registration logging
- STAsset.log - Asset scanning operations
- STDispatch.log - Logging of Shavlik Protect Agent Dispatcher service operations
- STPatch.log - Patch scan and deployment operations
- STThreat.log - Threat scan and active protection operations
- STThreat.WSC.log - Logging of interactions with Windows Security Center
Shavlik Protect 9.x