This document covers how to manually synchronize a Distribution Server. This process is useful in the event you wish to initiate a synchronization without waiting for previously scheduled tasks to complete or altering an existing schedule. The manual synchronization will run as a background task and will not affect the ability to continue using the console.
1. If you are manually synchronizing the scan engines and XML data files, make sure you have the latest files on the console by selecting Help > Refresh Files. This will download the latest files from the location specified on the Tools > Operations > Downloads page within Protect. The default locations for these data files are shown below:
- On Windows Vista and other newer operating systems: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles
- On earlier Windows operating systems like Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles
2. If you are manually synchronizing patches, make sure the console's patch download directory contains all the patches you want on your distribution server(s). The patches are contained in the default patches directory:
- On Windows Vista and other newer operating systems: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\Patches
- On earlier Windows operating systems like Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\Patches
3. Within the Protect Console click on Tools > Operations > Distribution Servers.
4. In the Scheduled automatic synchronization pane, select one or more scheduled synchronization entries.
Note: To synchronize all data, all three synchronization tasks must be selcted.
5. Click Run now.
This will immediately copy all appropriate files from the console to the specified distribution server(s). The process will run in the background of Protect. You may check the status by viewing the event history at View > Event History.
Shavlik Protect 9.x