This document provides steps to perform an offline or manual activation of the Shavlik Protect 9.x or Patch 2.3+.
If you are unable to activate Shavlik Protect 9.x or Patch 2.3+ over an Internet connection for any reason, you have to option to choose the "Manual Activation" function. Use the steps below to perform a manual (or offline) activation of Shavlik Protect. If file transport from the secure offline network to an online network is not allowed, follow instructions to use the DisconnectedLicenseInfo.txt file.
Open the license activation window:
Protect - click "Help" > "Enter/refresh license key"
Patch - click "Software Library" > "Software Updates", right-click "Shavlik Patch" and choose "Settings", click the "License" tab, then click "Enter/refresh license key"
Steps to create a license activation file
- Select an activation mode (either "Product or bundle license" or "Trial mode")
- Paste or type your key into the "Enter your activation key(s)" field
- Select "Manual activation"
- Click "Create request"
- Files named LicenseInfo.xml and DisconnectedLicenseInfo.txt are generated and saved to the desktop of your console computer. These files contain the information needed to make an offline activation request
- Move the LicenseInfo.xml file to a computer with Internet access. If file transport from the secure offline network is not allowed, follow instructions under "If Secure to Non Secure network file transfer is not allowed" to use the information in DisconnectedLicenseInfo.txt
- On the Internet-connected computer, open a browser and go to https://license.shavlik.com/OfflineActivation
- Upload the LicenseInfo.xml file
- Download the processed license file and move it to the offline console computer
- Open the license activation window and import the processed license file to the console by selecting 'Import offline license' and selecting the processed license file
If Secure to Non Secure network file transfer is not allowed
Go to https://license.shavlik.com/OfflineActivation to enter this data as shown below:
- The web portal will process the license information and generate a license file
- Download the processed license file and move it over to the offline console computer.
- In the license activation window, click 'Import offline license' and select the processed license file
If for some reason you are unable to activate using the offline activation portal mentioned above, please open a case with support and send your manual activation file in using the support portal: https://support.shavlik.com.
Please see this article if you need assistance registering: http://community.shavlik.com/docs/DOC-2265
Further details about activating the program can be found in the following pages from our online user guides:
Shavlik Protect 9.x
Shavlik Patch 2.3