This document will outline the process of shinking the Shavlik Protect or Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers database.
Note: In order to shrink Shavlik Protect or Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers database, please ensure SQL Server Management Studio is installed. You can download and install the latest version from here.
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the appropriate SQL Server Instance and login with the appropriate credentials. This is either [hostname] for full SQL instances or [hostname]\SQLEXPRESS for SQL Express instances. Default authentication will be Windows Authentication.
3. Expand the ‘Databases’ portion on the left hand side of the screen by clicking the '+' sign.
4. Right click on the ‘Protect’ database. Select 'Properties'.
- Within the Database Properties window, select 'Options' on the left hand side of the screen.
- Within this screen set the 'Recovery model' option to 'Simple'.
- Click 'Ok'.
- Right click on the ‘Protect’ database. Select 'Tasks' then 'Shrink' and select 'Database' from the submenu.
- Within the new window, click 'OK'.
- The window will close when the database shrink process has been completed.