This document will outline the process of shinking the Shavlik Protect database.
Note: In order to shrink Shavlik Protect or WMware vCenter Protect database, please ensure SQL Server Management Studio is installed. You may install it by selecting the link corresponding with your Microsoft SQL Server version below:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the appropriate SQL Server Instance and login with the appropriate credentials. This is [hostname]\SQLEXPRESS by default and uses Windows Authentication.
- Expand the ‘Databases’ portion on the left hand side of the screen by clicking the '+' sign.
- Right click on the ‘Protect’ database. Select 'Properties'.
- Within the Database Properties window, select 'Options' on the left hand side of the screen.
- Within this screen set the 'Recovery model' option to 'Simple'.
- Click 'Ok'.
- Right click on the ‘Protect’ database. Select 'Tasks' then 'Shrink' and select 'Database' from the submenu.
- Within the new window, click 'OK'.
- The window will close when the database shrink process has been completed.