This document outlines how to restore a Shavlik Database to an SQL Instance.
Shavlik Protect and Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers does not have a built in Restore from Backup utility. Use the following instructions to use SQL Server Management Studio to restore from backup:
1. If you have not yet installed it, download and install SQL Server Management Studio. You can download and install the latest version from here.
2. Connect to the appropriate SQL Server Instance and login with the appropriate credentials. This is either [hostname] for full SQL instances or [hostname]\SQLEXPRESS for SQL Express instances. Default authentication will be Windows Authentication.
3. Right-click Databases, then select Restore Database.
5. Once backup file is selected and added, SQL will check the database file to make sure its valid. As long as no errors are received, click OK to begin the restore.
6. Once restore is successful, the database will show under Database.
Shavlik Protect 9.2
Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers 9.3